Master Bath Makeover: BEFORE
One of my least favorite rooms in our home is probably the one with the most traffic: Our Master Bathroom. Having an on suite wasn't a must when we were house hunting so it was a huge plus to have this bathroom AND it has a whirlpool jacuzzi tub - SCORE! Now that we've grown to love and need this bathroom we decided that it needed a big face lift.
The previous owners chose a palm tree theme for this room, I wish I had photos of when the wallpaper border was still there...(insert confused emoji here). I totally get it, interior design and decoration styles change frequently and I am no expert by any means but this bathroom is small and anytime you have a small space you want to use light and airy colors to open it up!
1. Builder grade doors & trim with gold knobs
2. Mint green walls (they used to be yellow and the second week of living in this house I couldn't take it so I painted it the first color that came to mind...I am not sure why I chose mint.)
3. Faux marble laminate, emerald-color counter top & linoleum flooring.
4. Builder grade, wood vanity.
5. Basic builder grade details: Mirror, lighting, towel rack, toilet paper holder
I know there isn't too much excitement in this post but I wanted you to get a true picture of what we are dealing with here. Stay tuned for our ideas and inspirations in my next blog post!
In the mean time, I'd love to hear about all of your BEFORE bathrooms in the comments below.